Can you remember your last three scores but not your anniversary? Do you have club marks on the ceiling of your living room, or even a hole in the wall? Can you tell the difference between bent, Bermuda, and Poa annua grass?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you might be a golfer. To know for sure, grab a scorecard, get out the pencil we know you have in your back pocket, and see how many of these apply to you.
- You’ve named—or tried to name—a child “Rory”, “Nicklaus”, or “Tiger”.
- You get nervous when your significant other asks if you’re busy this Sunday.
- The one-hand tan. Not only is your dominant hand at least three shades darker than your other hand, but you have a golfer’s (most definitely not a farmer’s) tan.
- You take your favorite putter to play a round of putt-putt with the kids.
- When trying to get someone’s attention, you have shouted “fore!” instead of “excuse me”.
- After a day on the course, you have gotten into your car and driven it like a golf cart.
- You have to clear tees and short pencils out of your cup holder before you go through the drive-thru.
- You don’t carry a first-aid kit, but have an emergency stash of clubs in your car so that you’re ready to play at short notice.
- The other regular guys at the range or the course ask how the wife and kids are doing—but not much has changed since yesterday.
- When you hurt your hand, the first thing you do is make a golf grip to make sure the most important function of your hand has not been compromised.
- The buttons on your remote for the golf channel are worn out (because other than that and the weather channel, what other channels do you need?).
- While others are staying inside due to a blizzard, heat wave, or hurricane, you think it’s a perfect day for a round.
- Your closet is a rainbow of polos, and you’ve spent more on one of them than a nice dinner for two.
- The first thing you do when planning a vacation is check out the tee times at a course near your hotel.
- Lastly, you must be a golfer if you actually read through the entire list—and enjoyed it!
And if these describe you to a tee, then you might, just might, love golf as much as we do! Warning: if you’ve gone from building a sandbox “for the kids” to a full-out golf course in your backyard, you might be on the verge of golf addiction.
Well we’re here to help…fuel that addiction that is, with a ball from Lost Golf Balls. Extra: You know you’re a savvy golfer if you don’t pay full price for the same quality you love!